Greg has extensive experience with all forms of real estate disputes, including complex development disputes (concerning rights of light, restrictive covenants, site clearance strategies etc), adverse possession, telecommunication apparatus, professional negligence, property related insolvency and landlord and tenant matters (such as lease renewals, service charge disputes and dilapidations).
He also has considerable experience of providing risk management advice on projects.
Greg has particular expertise in dealing with rights of light matters, including providing strategic advice to developers on mitigating rights of light risks and implementing the agreed strategy.
Greg prides himself on providing commercial advice and resolving potential disputes without the need for court proceedings.
- Providing strategic advice to a developer on the significant and complex rights of light risks of a landmark development in London that will provide approximately 1.3 million square feet of new workspace.
- Advising clients across various sectors in relation to defective cladding.
- Providing strategic advice to a property company on the impact of the Electronics Communications Code on its extensive property portfolio.
- Designing and implementing a vacant possession strategy for a developer to ensure that its more than 100 tenants were removed from the site in accordance with its timetable to allow its development to proceed.
- Providing strategic advice to a FTSE 100 company on rights of light risks at a number of its sites across its property portfolio.
- Acting for a large FTSE 100 company in complex and high value proceedings as to whether a planning permission contained onerous conditions.
- Acting for a Head of State in proceedings concerning both a constructive trust and enfranchisement issues in relation to two high value properties.
- Acting for a telecommunications company in a substantial, multi-party dilapidations claim which tested the application of the dilapidations pre-action protocol to such cases