Cornelia has experience general commercial property experience ranging from general landlord and tenant work over acquisitions as well as advising on the property aspects of PPP/PFI projects for both private and public sector clients, waste and school projects.
Cornelia is a commercial property lawyer with a particular specialism in railway matters. She leads the station & depot team at Addleshaw Goddard LLP and is widely known as a leading expert in this field with over 12 years' experience (including a client secondment). She is able to combine legal knowledge with industry practice enabling her to give commercially focused advice with strong legal foundations. She advises on all aspects of station and depot work as well as providing advice on the interaction with franchise agreements, Railway Acts, the DfT and ORR and regulatory implications.
- Advising on the property strategy for a DCO for a railway line extension (including project management, site assembly, asset and structure management, interaction with planning and project documentation)
- Advising on numerous new station developments including strategy, site assembly, regulatory requirements and station lease documentation
- Advising on several franchise renewals and direct awards (including project management and property documentation)
- Advising on various new depots and major enhancement projects including pioneering initiatives to welcome third party private finance into the railway
- Advising on the interface between railway assets and major commercial developments