Alexandra works on a wide range of commercial disputes and independent investigations. Alexandra has particular expertise in resolving and project managing high value complex disputes about commercial contracts, IT project failures and pensions issues. Alexandra often works on business critical and commercially sensitive matters that require urgent input.
Alexandra is experienced in seeking and defending claims for various types of relief including damages for loss of profits, revenue and wasted expenditure.
Alexandra acts for a range of clients including both national and international clients and has experience of advising a range of sectors, including transport, retail, insurance, utilities and technology.
Alexandra regularly offers strategic support to clients to resolve disputes without the need for formal proceedings. Alexandra has experience of a variety of forms of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration, adjudication and High Court.
Examples of Alexandra's work include:
- Acting for Co-operative Insurance Group Limited in a claim against IBM (UK) Limited for substantial wasted expenditure arising out of a failed IT transformation programme;
- Acting for a number of employers of pension schemes including in construction claims about scheme documentation and professional negligence claims against their former professional advisers for defective scheme documentation.
- Acting for a rail client in an arbitration relating to a claim for losses incurred following a train derailment;
- Acting for an airline advising on issues experienced in view of the COVID-19 pandemic including around force majeure;
- Working on public inquiries including the Manchester Arena Bombing inquiry and the Jersey Care Inquiry in relation to historical abuse of children in care.