Chris has significant experience of advising employers, in relation to both contentious and non-contentious matters, across various sectors, but in particular construction/ infrastructure, retail and financial services sectors.
Chris has also previously undertaken a client secondment to a large banking corporation.
Chris' recent experience includes:
- Successfully defending sensitive and multi-faceted discrimination claims brought by an ex-employee of a large insurance client against senior executives;
- Successfully defending an application for interim relief against a large financial services sector client;
- Acting for an international airport in relation to a potentially very high Employment Tribunal claim brought by a former member of the senior management team. The claim was successfully defended after a 6 day hearing;
- Advising a large infrastructure client on a significant redundancy exercise following the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Independently running a multi-faceted discrimination claim brought by two claimants against a large retail client, which resulted in a 10 day hearing in the Employment Tribunal. The claim was successfully defended;
- Providing detailed advice on the developing legislation that was triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Advising a retail client on the TUPE implications of a large outsourcing project.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Industrial Law Society