David has extensive experience in contentious regulatory work, with a particular focus on FCA and other financial services investigations. He has acted for investment banks, asset managers and private wealth management firms, and for individuals employed by them, in some of the most high profile civil and criminal investigations to date. David also has experience of defending other white collar crime investigations including those alleging bribery and corruption, irregular/false accounting, and breaches of antimoney laundering legislation. His international experience includes work in Asia and Italy as well as cross-border investigations with a UK element.
Examples of David’s work include:
- acting for a corporate alleged to have committed market abuse and to have breached the European Market Abuse
- Regulation by delaying the disclosure of inside information
- acting for an investment bank being investigated for alleged manipulation of LIBOR, and an investment bank being
- investigated for potential manipulation of a foreign exchange benchmark
- acting for a bank alleged to have breached FCA Principles 2 and 3 in relation to a derivatives trade
- advising a bank on the conduct of performance adjustment investigations into accountable individuals in accordance with
- the Bank’s policies and the FCA/PRA Remuneration Codes and
- advising on a series of internal investigations, for example in a mis-marking/circumvention of internal controls case.
- David has also written for a number of industry publications and content providers, including Practical Law for Companies, Compliance Monitor and Compliance Complete.
- Oxford University (Exeter College) – BA Law with Law Studies in Europe (2002) (First class)
- Cambridge University (Pembroke College) – MPhil European Studies (2003) (High Performance)
- BPP Law School, London – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2004) (Distinction)
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales