Rebecca specialises in all areas of corporate and personal insolvency with a specific emphasis on contentious work. She has considerable experience advising insolvency practitioners, financial institutions and creditors on all areas of corporate and personal insolvency. She has particular experience in administrations, litigation on behalf of insolvency practitioners, asset recovery, retention of title claims and litigation on behalf of and against directors.
- Successfully obtained a recognition order in the jurisdiction in respect of a US bankruptcy and subsequently instructed by the US Trustee to pursue the Bankrupt in a long running and highly contentious bankruptcy across numerous jurisdictions.
- Regularly instructed to pursue directors for sums due pursuant to personal guarantees and for further information under sections 234, 236 and 336 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Successfully obtained the appointment of Court appointed receivers over a company involved in litigation in Georgia. Subsequently instructed to obtain the Receivers discharge following the conclusion of the litigation.
- Instructed by an Insolvency Practitioner client in a high value, high profile guarantee claim which resulted in a significant recovery for the company in administration
- Assisting in the huge and complex administration of well-known retail group particularly dealing with the appointment, disclaiming hundreds of properties and numerous retention of title claims