Alison is a managing associate in the Real Estates Dispute team and has a wide range of experience in both commercial and residential property disputes. She also has experience of dealing with cases in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. Alison has expertise in dealing with 1954 Act lease renewals, contentious licences for alterations, advising clients in relation to rent and service charge arrears, dilapidations claims, disputed service charge claims, residential lease extension claims and professional negligence claims relating to property.
- Acted for the landlord in the case of Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent Limited, which went to the Supreme Court. The case related to the interpretation of a licence for alterations clause.
- Acted for landowners in a professional negligence claim against their previous solicitors relating to the incorrect drafting of an overage agreement.
- Acted in numerous residential lease extension claims under the 1993 Act.
- Acted in injunction proceedings for a landlord whose tenant was carrying out unauthorised works.
- Acted in a trespass claim on behalf of an energy company against fracking protestors occupying their land.