Neil is a legal director in the real estate finance team in London. He specialises in real estate finance and he has acted for various classes of funders, as well as borrowers, on a range of international and domestic investment and development financings including with respect to hotels, student accommodation, data centres and various other commercial and industrial property investments. He also has experience in general corporate lending and restructurings.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard Neil worked for Starwood Capital, a leading global real estate investment fund, and prior to that a leading global law firm.
- Acting for Handelsbanken in connection with the refinancing of the acquisition by Pandox AB of the Midland Hotel Manchester and the Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow
- Acting for a club of banks in connection with the financing of a development of a prime West End hotel in London and the refinancing of adjacent retail, office and residential properties
- Acting for a debt fund manager in connection with the restructuring of a shopping centre in the south of England
- Acting for Santander UK plc as agent on behalf of the lenders in respect of the amendment and restatement of the facility agreement for Champneys, adding a further facility for the acquisition and subsequent redevelopment of the Mottram Hall hotel, spa and golf club in Cheshire
- Acting for RBS International in connection with a revolving credit facility agreement for Schroder Real Estate Investment Trust (SREIT) and its subsequent amendment and amendment and restatement to provide SREIT with additional capability for acquisitions and asset management initiatives
- Acting for Puma Investments on a £200m capital investment from funds advised by RoundShield Partners to grow its UK property finance business.
- Acting for Tribeca Holdings in connection with a series of financings for portfolios of mainly retail assets in prime London locations
- Acting for a Middle East headquartered bank in connection with the refinancing of a portfolio of properties in Holborn
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales