Kate is a Legal Director in the Employment Group, based in our Manchester Office.
She acts for a wide range of private and public sector clients, including FTSE 100 companies, SMEs, private equity houses, and various NHS bodies and local authorities. She has significant experience of advising clients within the engineering, manufacturing, real estate, transport, financial services and healthcare sectors.
Kate's practice encompasses all aspects of non-contentious employment work including change management processes (such as collective redundancy programmes, business re-organisations and large scale contract variation exercises), employee relations issues, executive recruitment and termination, and business insolvency related issues. Her particular specialism is advising on TUPE and other employment aspects of complex business change projects, outsourcing and M&A transactions.
Kate regularly trains clients on all aspects of employment law and speaks on public training courses and seminars.
Her experience includes:
- leading the Addleshaw Goddard team advising on the employment aspects of the separation and disposal of a large scale global engineering business in the energy sector, involving the transfer of 2,400 employees across 28 countries. This project included Kate being seconded to our client's in-house legal team for five months, working closely with its corporate finance and HR teams.
- leading the Addleshaw Goddard team which advised British Airways on the employment aspects of its acquisition and integration of bmi, including advising on the TUPE transfer of around 2,500 employees and a complex consultation process involving five trade unions.
- advising a multi-national retail and consumer goods company on the employment and TUPE aspects of its global outsourcing of various back office functions, including IT managed services, to multiple suppliers, including the co-ordination of employment advice from over 20 jurisdictions and drafting and negotiating contractual provisions dealing with the transfer of employees, redundancy consultation and redundancy costs
- advising on the disposal of 149 sites to multiple buyers, by way of individual sales and group sales. Over the course of 18 months, Kate advised on the due diligence process and a large scale TUPE and redundancy consultation process, drafted and negotiated the employment provisions in the sale agreements with a significant number of buyers.
- advising a global FTSE 100 manufacturing business on the HR and TUPE aspects of retendering various warehousing and logistics services involving TUPE transfers from three incumbent suppliers to three incoming suppliers, including the negotiation of numerous complex indemnities relating to historic liabilities.
- Year Qualified
- French - good command
- Université Robert Schuman, Strasbourg – Diplôme d'Etudes Juridiques Françaises (1998)
- University of Leicester – LLB Law with French (1999)
- College of Law (now University of Law) – LPC (2000)
- Professional memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association