Minos is an Associate in the Global Investigations team.
Prior to joining the Global Investigations team in October 2022, Minos was with Addleshaw Goddard's Hong Kong Commercial Disputes Team. Minos was admitted as a Hong Kong solicitor in 2018 and is also a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. Minos specializes in representing financial institutions, fund corporations, licensed individuals and listed companies and their directors in contentious regulatory investigations, including but not limited to market abuse cases involving insider dealing and misleading market statements. Minos has experience in advising regulated firms on regulatory systems and controls issues and their remediation, including AML systems.
Minos has also handled commercial litigation cases and was involved in landmark restructuring cases and shareholder disputes. He has advised on potential legal risks and liabilities associated with regulatory breaches, including potential shareholder or third party litigation.
- Advised the senior management of a listed corporation in the technology sector in successfully defending insider dealing proceedings instigated by a financial regulator at a tribunal.
- Advised individuals in FCA market abuse and market misconduct investigations, including the senior management of a listed corporation and an individual in the financial sector.
- Advised listed corporations on potential insider dealing issues and remediation.
- Advised a listed corporation on conducting a whistleblowing investigation into potential market misconduct.
- Advised financial institutions and regulated firms on various issues in relation to their regulatory systems and controls, including AML controls and associated regulatory enforcement risks.
- Advised high-net-worth individuals and listed company directors in investigations brought by a financial regulator in respect of alleged market misconduct and disclosure of misleading information in relation to listed shares in various cases.
- Represented licensed clients in regulatory investigations brought by a financial regulator relating to fit and proper conduct in financial services.
- Represented the senior management of a Fortune 500 corporation in the telecommunications sector in handling regulatory investigations in relation to listing regulations.
- Advised directors of listed corporations in the financial services, technology, and energies sectors on issues in relation to potential breach of listing regulations and directors' duties in various cases.
- Assisting international civil fraud and UK criminal fraud and financial crime investigations including relevant court applications on behalf of a fund client in the UK and on behalf of a liquidator in Hong Kong.
- Advised on the financial crime and bribery policies and procedures of corporations in various industry sectors in corporate group system reviews and remediation processes, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and private equity investment transactions in the UK.