James is an associate in the Addleshaw Goddard, Construction and Engineering team and he provides clients with a cradle to grave service as he has experience advising across non-contentious, contentious and dispute avoidance and project management matters in the construction, infrastructure and engineering fields.
James' recent non-contentious experience includes:
- Working as part of a wider Addleshaw Goddard team advising in connection with a multi-billion pound development in the heart of Manchester.
- Assisting a wider Addleshaw Goddard team in connection with the development of logistics and distribution warehouses alongside associated infrastructure in the North West of England.
- Acting for an institutional investor in connection with a number of projects, including the development of a research and development premise and a solar farm.
James' recent contentious experience includes:
- Working as part of a wider Addleshaw Goddard team across the firm's UK and Middle East offices in connection with a multi-billion pound arbitration on behalf of an employer client against its design and build contractor under a bespoke contract based on a FIDIC form of contract.
- Acting for a contractor in a final account adjudication against its M&E sub-contractor under a JCT sub-contract.
- Working as part of wider team advising the owner of one of Manchester's most iconic buildings, in High Court litigation, concerning the remediation of building defects.
James' recent dispute avoidance and project management experience includes:
- Advising a foreign government in connection with its confidentiality obligations under an NEC4 contract (as amended) in connection with a large infrastructure project.
- Advising a number of employer clients in relation to extension of time and/or additional money claims from their respective contractors under JCT form contracts.
- Negotiating a number of settlement agreements for clients, including in respect of potential disputes under the NEC3 form contract, in order to avoid subsequent adjudication and/or litigation, which ultimately saved the clients time and cost allowing them to focus on their future opportunities.