Jonah is an Associate in the construction, engineering and environment team, specialising in dispute resolution. Jonah has experience in a variety of dispute resolution methods, including adjudications, mediations and court proceedings. Jonah also has experience in employing risk management methods, which includes early involvement in a project to assess the risk at the outset in the hope that this will ultimately lead to the avoidance of disputes.
Jonah recently spent time seconded to the in house legal team at a leading FTSE 100 company which involved drafting key commercial agreements, assisting on various aspects of litigation both domestically and internationally, offering legal support on two multi-million pound international redevelopment projects and providing key day to day legal support to various aspects of the business. Jonah's experience include:
- Advising a developer in relation to a multi-million pound dispute in the TCC. The dispute concerned various defects to a distribution centre including defects to dock leveller platforms. The matter settled out of court with a favourable result achieved for our client.
- Advising a developer landlord in relation to a multi-million pound potential dispute against a contractor in relation to non-building regulations compliant façade on various properties.
- Advising a design consultant in an adjudication in relation to the provision of various services to a large city council under the terms of an exclusive agreement.
- Advising a developer landlord in relation to a façade audit on various properties, in an effort to identify any potential non-building regulation compliant properties.
- Advising a hospital trust in relation to a potential multi-million pound dispute against a contractor concerning a vast array of defects present at the hospital.
- Advising a University client in relation to paving installation, staining and drainage defects.
- Advising a developer in relation to various fire related and non-fire related defects affecting a development.
- Advising a University client in respect of a delay claim against the developer under a development agreement.
" Jonah was great, with a practical approach backed by a realistic perspective of the commercial outcome whilst always making sure that we stayed in bounds from a legal perspective".