Gwenaël Kropfinger has extensive experience in advising private equity funds and multinational groups on the tax structuring of M&A deals including LBOs and capital markets transactions.
Gwenaël has been involved in general reorganisation work for corporate groups. Gwenaël also advises on the creation of French and pan-European private equity funds.
Before joining AG, Gwenaël was a counsel in high-profile international firms.
M&A / PRIVATE EQUITY TRANSACTIONS
- Advising The Carlyle Group in the context of its investment in the Euro Techno Com Group (the ETC Group), the acquisition of LPG and on the acquisition of HGH.
- Advising Mirova and Asterion Industrial Partners in connection with the acquisition of the group Proxiserve.
- Advising Lion Capital on the acquisition of Alain Afflelou (EV EUR800 million)*, on the sale of a 49% stake in Picard Surgelés to Aryzta (EV EUR2.2 billion)* and on the acquisition of DMC.
- Advising Astorg on the acquisitions of Webhelp, Photonis and Kerneos (EV EUR600m) and on the sales of Gras Savoye to Willis Towers Watson (EV EUR730 million) and of Linxens to CVC (EV EUR1.5 billion).*
- Advising Apax, LBO France and NiXen on the sale of Maisons du Monde to Bain Capital (EV EUR680 million).*
- Advising Eurazeo PME on its tender offer (P to P) on Orolia and on the acquisitions of Dessange, MSH, Flexitallic and Vignal System,* Shark and Nolan Group.
- Advising Picard Surgelés on its high-yield bonds issuance in the context of a EUR675m refinancing.*
- Advising the founders of Sandro Maje Claudie Pierlot group (SMCP) on the sale to KKR and reinvestment in the group.*
- Advising Sagard and Euromezzanine on the acquisition of Safic-Alcan (EV 250 million).*
- Advising numerous private equity houses in connection with the tax structuring of their funds, including carried interest and co-investment structures (inter alia, Antin Infrastructure Partners for all vehicles including their third fund (EUR3.6 billion), Chequers Capital XVII Fund (EUR1.1 billion), Bridgepoint Europe (EUR4 billion) and Alpha Private Equity Fund VII Fund (EUR903 million)
*Denotes transactions completed while at a previous firm.
- Paris I-Panthéon Sorbonne University, HEC Master II Business and tax Law, 2005 - Avocat admis au barreau de Paris
- LBO Practice – Best Lawyers 2022 and 2023
- Transactional Tax – ITR World Tax
- Les entreprises face au Covid-19: quelles mesures fiscales?, 26 Mars 2020