Deepa is a Legal Director specialising in disputes relating to oil, gas, construction and infrastructure projects. She has experience of a wide variety of dispute resolution processes including arbitration (ICC, LCIA and investor state), High Court litigation and mediation. Deepa provides advice to a broad variety of clients on both the employer and contractor side and has acted for both companies and state entities.
Some notable matters that Deepa has worked on include:
- acting for a drilling contractor in relation to an LCIA arbitration regarding the termination of a contract for the provision of a semi-submersible rig;
- acting for a Korean contractor in relation to ICC arbitrations in relation to the delayed construction of an Independent Power Project in the Middle East;
- acting for a state-owned gas company in relation to an ICC arbitration against the contractor and subsequent High Court proceedings against insurers arising out of the failed installation of a subsea gas pipeline in the Caribbean;
- acting for TANROADS (the national highways agency of Tanzania) together with the Attorney General of the United Republic of Tanzania and various government ministries in an ICC arbitration brought by a Japanese contractor in relation to a public works contract in Tanzania;
- acting for an Abu Dhabi real estate developer in Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC) proceedings concerning the construction of roads and utilities;
- acting for an oil company in relation to an internal investigation into procedures;
- representing a contractor in relation to a potential dispute concerning alleged defects and delays to the construction of a gas processing plant in Australia.
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Society of Construction Law