Kathleen is an Associate in the Employment team and acts for clients in a range of sectors across the UK. Kathleen advises on day-to-day employee issues including the negotiation drafting of service agreements and settlement agreements, managing employee relations, dealing with performance issues, sickness absence, grievance and disciplinary matters and workforce restructuring and redundancy processes. Kathleen also has experience in representing employers in the Employment Tribunals and engaging in dispute resolution methods including handling negotiations and settlement discussions.
Kathleen also works alongside our corporate division in providing due diligence support in the employment aspects of various corporate transaction, including cross-border acquisitions.
Other experience includes:
- Kathleen is a core team member in the management of a UK-wide portfolio of employment tribunal claims for a British multinational investment bank, providing advice on matters ranging from unfair dismissal and breach of contract, to whilstblowing and discrimination issues.
- Lead employment solicitor advising a government-owned private corporation on strategy to resolve an employee accommodation issue in relation to its workforce on a small island on the west coast of Scotland.
- Appeared in the Employment Tribunal for preliminary matters in discrimination and unfair dismissal claims.
- Kathleen is a member of the team which steered one of the UK's largest aviation corporations through a UK-wide large scale restructuring exercise, prudently managing employee relations in very challenging circumstances.
- Provided in-house employment law training to clients in the Transport sector and Technology sector.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association UK (ELA)
- Law Society of Scotland (Registered as a Notary Public)