Carly is a Managing Associate in the corporate team advising businesses, managers, investors and legal teams on a range of strategic transactions and day-to-day legal solutions.
Carly has particular expertise in UK and international mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions.
Carly has a keen interest in the digital sector.
- Advised Hippo Digital, a digital service and design consultancy, on its acquisition of Converging Data
- Advised YFM Equity Partners and the other shareholders on the sale of Mangar Health to Winncare Group
- Advised IDHL Group, the Harrogate based digital marketing group, on its acquisition of Pinpoint Designs, a Magento Agency
- Advised Endless LLP on its investment in, and MBO of, Sewtec Automation
- Advised Vp plc on its UK acquisitions between 2015 and 2017
- My life as a corporate finance lawyer advising tech companies and entrepreneurs - Legal Cheek
- Five reasons to do your training contract with a global law firm outside London - Legal Cheek
- Hippo digital aquires data-analytics provider - Insider Media Limited
- YFM sells stake in bathing aids firm - Insider Media Limited
- Leeds should look beyond competing with Manchester - Business Cloud
- Year Qualified
- German - fluent
- BPP Law School - LPC (Distinction) – 2008 - 2009
- Hull University – Law with German Law and Language LLB, Degree Class 1st – 2004 - 2008
- University of Dusseldorf – Erasmus exchange, Legal diploma undertaken in German Law – 2006 - 2007
- Professional Memberships
- Empowering Women with Tech
- Women in Leeds Digital
"You always approach everything with a great attitude / energy and so we really enjoyed working with you. It makes the mundane tasks more bearable when you have someone with such enthusiasm assisting."
General Counsel, listed manufacturing company
"We were really happy with how you worked with us, your professionalism and pragmatism, and you were a real joy to work with."
Founder, high growth design consultancy business