Rob is an experienced solicitor specialising in both contentious and non-contentious construction matters. His experience covers all forms of dispute resolution in particular adjudication and arbitration, both domestically and internationally. His non-contentious experience focuses on the drafting, negotiating and reporting on standard form and bespoke construction contracts and ancillary construction documentation.
Rob has particular experience in advising retail, healthcare and hotel clients and has significant experience in construction insolvency and development finance.
Rob's non-contentious experience includes the following:
- Extensive experience advising hotel groups in the acquisition, development and refurbishment of hotels, ranging from limited service utility hotels to iconic luxury destination hotels;
- Acting for a world renowned sporting venue in London on a variety of projects, including advising on procurement methods and contractual documentation;
- Acting for various institutional funders on the construction elements of development finance transactions, particularly around student housing and mixed used developments; and
- Advising on the construction elements involved with the sale of a leading data centre provider to a premier global data centre REIT.
- Rob's dispute resolution experience includes the following:
- Acting for a Italian contractor in an ICC arbitration relating to an infrastructure development in the CIS;
- Acting for a UK based international contractor in several final account disputes relating to mixed use projects in the UAE;
- Acting for a multi-national joint venture on a dispute relating to a PFI hospital in Turkey;
- Acting for the Qatari division of an Italian contractor in relation to claims brought by its sub-contractor relating to developments in the GCC;
- Acting for a domestic contractor in an arbitration against a London Borough relating to the development of an extra care facility; and
- Advising a French contractor in relation to high court proceedings brought against it for defective works by a Combined Authority relating to an infrastructure project in the North of England.