Rob is an experienced solicitor specialising in both contentious and non-contentious construction matters. His experience covers all forms of dispute resolution in particular adjudication and arbitration, both domestically and internationally. His non-contentious experience focuses on the drafting, negotiating and reporting on standard form and bespoke construction contracts and ancillary construction documentation.
Named as a key lawyer by the Legal 500 (2022) for both.
Particular experience in taking complex commercial developments from 'cradle to grave' - i.e. from inception, through the development process and any disputes and finally through to exit (sale/lease).
Client base generally focuses on investment and asset managers, private equity funds, pension funds, REITs and institutional developers (and their funders).
Further experience with student accommodation, infrastructure, fire safety disputes and construction insolvency.
Rob's key experience includes the following:
- Acting for various private equity funds, investment/asset managers, pension funds, REITs and family offices in the development and exit from complex commercial and mixed used developments in London with values of between £15m - £200m.
- Advising on the construction elements involved with the sale of a leading data centre provider to a premier global data centre REIT.
- Acting for a private equity firm on the construction aspects of its acquisition of residential arm of major contractor.
- Acting for an international contractor in an ICC arbitration relating to a healthcare development in Turkey.
- Acting for a student housing provider on several matters relating to defective cladding and associated fire safety issues on student housing across the UK, including advising on the merits of the claims and conducting proceedings.
- Acting for multi-national contractors on infrastructure projects across the UK including the development of quarries, roads and railways.