Rachel is a Managing Associate in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team, who advises on a variety of matters for clients operating in both the private and public sector, including many major commercial transactions, procurements and contractual matters within the health, local government, education and rail sectors. Rachel understands and appreciates the needs, concerns, and ultimate commercial drivers of clients.
Recent experience includes:
- National Grid – advising on the procurement of facilities, estate and property management services across the National Grid estate. This involves drafting a Framework Agreement with applicable Call-Off contracts for each service line and reviewing the services specifications to ensure they are enforceable, deliver what the client is requiring and can be measured
- National Grid Gas Transmission and Metering – advising on the procurement of facilities, estate and property management services across the GT&M estate This involves reviewing the services specifications to ensure they are enforceable, deliver what the client is requiring and can be measured
- Acting for various NHS Trusts in relation to variations to existing PFI Project Agreements – including works and services variations and condition surveys in preparation for expiry and handback
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on a complex settlement and PFI Project Agreement Variation resulting from a dispute with Project Co.
- West Midlands Combined Authority, Wednesbury to Brierley Hill Tram Extension – advising the Combine Authority on all rail legal / property aspects involved with its proposed 11km expansion of the Midland Metro tram system, including various complex rail regulatory issues, real estate aspects and a suite of asset protection and other agreements with Network Rail. The agreements need to be flexible enough to accommodate possible future proposals to reopen the rail corridor for shared tram / freight train use