Marnix heads the firm's planning team. He advises developers, national infrastructure providers and public sector clients on planning, compulsory purchase and compensation law. Particular specialisms are infrastructure, housing and retail developments. His work includes advising on development consent and Transport and Works Act orders, reviewing and de-risking planning application documents, negotiating section 106 agreements, managing public inquiries whether in the context of an appeal, call-in or compulsory purchase order, as well as advising on judicial reviews. Marnix has led teams in relation to major city centre mixed-use schemes, retail inquiries and is currently leading the Addleshaw Goddard teams advising on a number of major infrastructure and housing schemes.
- "He is very calm and collected. He is also very clear."
- "He has a brain the size of a building, and is incredibly eloquent with it; he finds it easy to explain very complicated things."
- Professional memberships
- The Compulsory Purchase Association
- British Property Federation Planning Committee
- City of London Law Society Planning and Environment Committee
- University of Exeter