George is an Associate within the Construction and Engineering team, with several years of experience having been a paralegal before training and qualifying with Addleshaw Goddard. George focusses on non-contentious and advisory construction matters, acting for a wide range of developers in both the private and public sectors as well as funders, with a particular interest in hospitality, industrial & logistics, life sciences and aerospace sectors.
- Acting for Bruntwood across a range of projects, including the construction of life science labs and low-carbon workspaces and the refurbishment of existing assets to create flexible, grade A workspaces. Work has included drafting and negotiating consultant appointments and ancillary documents, with significant legal project management across the schemes.
- Advising an NHS Trust in the negotiation of construction contracts required for the development of a new hospital, including an ICC Design & Construct remediation contract and an NEC3 Building Contract procured through ProCure22.
- Acting for a large institutional investor in the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts required for various construction developments to existing assets, including refurbishment to office workspace and retail units. Work includes preparing JCT forms of building contract, consultant appointments and ancillary documents.
- Acting for Southern Gas Networks PLC in the negotiation of an item procurement agreement with Highways England for the Lower Thames Crossing project which involves moving SGN's apparatus and assets so that the new road and tunnel can be built.
- Acting for a client in the aerospace industry on developments including modular building, refurbishment and infrastructure works projects at multiple sites across the UK. Work has included the drafting and negotiation of JCT and NEC building contracts and ancillary documents.
- University of Manchester (MSA) – Bachelor of Architecture; 2016
- BPP University – Graduate Diploma in Law; 2018