Felix is an experienced international arbitration and litigation lawyer. Besides his depth of courtroom experience Felix has represented clients in international arbitration proceedings under all major institution rules including ICSID, ICC, DIS and ad-hoc. In addition, he acts both as arbitrator and mediator in commercial disputes.
Felix focuses on assisting companies, individuals and States in successfully navigating complex disputes. He advises and represents parties in domestic and international arbitrations, including commercial and investment arbitrations, as well as in litigation proceedings in German state courts.
Before joining Addleshaw Goddard Felix worked 8 ½ years at another international law firm. Prior Felix worked as a mediator at the courts of California and Hawaii, mediating over 80 disputes.
Felix's recent experience includes representing:
- an Insolvency Administrator in a complex post-M&A dispute in the solar industry
- the Republic of Croatia in an ICSID arbitration brought under a bilateral investment treaty in relation to a real estate investment in the golf and tourism sector
- Daimler Financial Services in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings against the Federal Republic of Germany in connection with the introduction of a truck toll in Germany (Toll Collect) with an amount in dispute in excess of EUR 5 billion – Germany's largest and most complex arbitration
- Singapore Airlines and Singapore Cargo in a EUR 3 billion cartel damages litigation
- Ukraine against Gilward in an ICSID arbitration in connection with alleged breaches of a bilateral investment treaty in relation to the insolvency of the leading national airline
- German - native
- English - fluent
- French - good command
- Professional Memberships
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS)
- Competition Litigation Forum