Felix is an experienced international arbitration and litigation lawyer. Besides his depth of courtroom experience Felix has represented clients in international arbitration proceedings under all major institution rules including the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), German Arbitration Institute (DIS) and ad-hoc. In addition, he acts both as arbitrator and mediator in commercial disputes.
Felix focuses on assisting companies, individuals and States in successfully navigating complex disputes. He advises and represents parties in domestic and international arbitrations, including commercial and investment arbitrations, as well as in litigation proceedings in German state courts. Felix has a particular industry focus on renewable energy, aerospace and financial institutions. Felix also advises on issues relating to third party finance.
Before joining Addleshaw Goddard Felix worked at another international law firm for 8 ½ years. Prior to that role, Felix worked as a mediator at the courts of California and Hawaii, mediating over 80 disputes.
Felix's recent experience includes representing:
- a major European Airline in an ICC arbitration in relation to the introduction of a new aircraft type
- a major British insurance entity in a large number of German state court litigations with policyholders in relation to complex financial investments
- a major online retailer in proceedings before the ECJ in relation to copyright levies
- a Successor State in domestic litigation proceedings for the recovery of foreign assets
- an American company in an arbitration over a sponsoring contract with a major German soccer club
- an Insolvency Administrator in a complex post-M&A dispute under the DIS Arbitration rules in the solar industry
- the Republic of Croatia in an ICSID arbitration brought under a bilateral investment treaty in relation to a real estate investment in the golf and tourism sector
- Daimler Financial Services in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings against the Federal Republic of Germany in connection with the introduction of a truck toll in Germany (Toll Collect) with an amount in dispute in excess of EUR 5 billion – Germany's largest and most complex arbitration
- Singapore Airlines and Singapore Cargo in a EUR 3 billion cartel damages litigation
- Ukraine against Gilward in an ICSID arbitration in connection with alleged breaches of a bilateral investment treaty in relation to the insolvency of the leading national airline
- the Republic of Croatia against Elitech in an ICSID arbitration brought under an investment treaty in relation to a large scale golf and tourist resort development
- a German industry consortium in the aftermath of an ICC arbitration in relation to a failed construction project in the solar industry
- a German car manufacturer in precedent setting data privacy proceedings.
- German - native
- English - fluent
- French - good command
- Professional Memberships
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS)
- Competition Litigation Forum
- Rising Arbitrator Initiative (RAI)
- FidAR e.V.