Amanda is a Managing Associate in the Real Estate team with over 25 years in the sector as a legal practitioner. Amanda advises on a broad range of commercial property transactions for clients including grocery retailers, institutional landlords, oil companies, lenders and overseas and UK based investors/developers. Amanda advises the Sainsbury's group of companies on its property portfolio with particular focus on its operational grocery stores and management of its external car parking and internal third party retail space. She has been working with a global oil company for a number of years in connection with its retail fuel network acquisitions and disposals program and also oversees the property work associated with the its EV charge points roll out across various locations.
- Working with the Sainsbury's group and project managing a team of lawyers on a major high value property portfolio asset transfer (circa £1.3b+);
- Advising Sainsbury's on implant third party retail/commercial partners using a range of flexible occupational arrangements for use of car parking and retail space;
- Ongoing instructions acting for a global oil company on its fuel forecourt acquisition programme with a 'big 4' grocery retailer (a combination of leasing and purchase arrangements) in addition to general property matters including sub stations/ power upgrade of motorway service station network and associated rights and easements.
- Advising Argos on the disposal and lease back of a trading logistics depot in the north of England.
- Advising a funder on re-financing arrangements in respect of an oil terminal in the NW of England.
- Overseeing the team and advising a major oil company on its EV roll out program with particular focus on standardising agreements with third party power/network suppliers and cable providers (both DNO and IDNO) to improve speed and cost efficiency of roll out.
- French and Spanish (good command)
"...She was there at the drop of a hat, even on weekends, worked hard to come up with solutions to many problems. She worked collaboratively as 'one team' with colleagues across various teams and was dedicated..."