Robert's recent experience includes:
- acting for a major UK bank in successfully defending allegations of dishonest assistance and conspiracy, following a 4-week £40m fraud trial in the High Court.
- acting for a major UK bank in two separate, high-value mis-selling and misrepresentation claims in relation to interest rate swaps brought by property developers, involving allegations of fraud and extensive consequential loss claims.
- acting for a major UK bank in relation to an alleged breach of mandate and breach of the Quincecare duty.
- acting for a major UK bank in bringing an unjust enrichment claim against a former customer of its import documentary collection trading services, used to purchase and import commodities internationally.
- providing due diligence advice to a litigation funder in relation to its acquisition of several claim portfolios.
- acting for the founder of a cryptocurrency exchange in a high-profile shareholder dispute which was expedited to trial in five months.
- advising a US client in relation to its issuing a letter of request application to obtain evidence and disclosure from UK-based entities for use in a securities class action in the US.
- acting for the director of a UK company (in liquidation) in relation to potential claims from liquidators of alleged breaches of directors' duties, regarding the trading of US securities at the start of the pandemic.
- acting for a major Indian conglomerate in the infrastructure space defending Commercial Court proceedings brought by a consortium of international banks for the recovery of $1.5bn under facility agreements.
- advising banks in relation to the cessation of LIBOR and the adoption of alternative reference rates in tough legacy contracts.
- advising clients in service contract disputes with third party suppliers of key services which risked serious operational disruption to their businesses.
- As a trainee Robert was seconded to BP for six months in its global dispute resolution team.
- University of Bristol (2013)
- University of Bristol (2015)