Peter is a Legal Director in our Construction, Engineering & Environment team.
Peter specialises in the resolution of construction, engineering, infrastructure and energy disputes. Peter has a wide range of experience of all manner of disputes (from defects claims to complex extension of time and final account disputes), on contracts including SBCC, JCT, NEC, and FIDIC. Peter's clients include major energy companies, developers, contractors and funders.
Peter has significant experience of large scale adjudications and court actions as well as all other forms of dispute resolution, including, mediation and arbitration.
Peter also has in-house experience at Balfour Beatty, where he reported to the Group board, assisting with the firm’s turnaround strategy, and co-founding a claims team to homogenise the firm’s approach to managing legal work.
Recent experience includes:
- acting for a sub-contractor on a series of adjudications on delay and cost on two energy from waste facilities
- advising international airport on disputes with main contractor under NEC3 Option A
- advising sub-contractor on termination dispute and adjudication enforcement relating to a flagship Scottish infrastructure project
- advising international water/waste contractor on multi million pound disputes under NEC 3
- advising renewable energy developer on a dispute relating to environmental constraints and planning consent
- advising repair and maintenance provider on termination, KPI and payment disputes
- Professional Memberships
- Society for Construction Law