Paul is a Partner in the Tax & Structuring team, based on London. He advises on a broad range of transaction types in a variety of sectors, but has a particular focus on corporate and financing transactions and on matters in the Financial Services sector.
Paul has considerable experience of advising on the tax aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, including those with a cross-border or international element, as well as complex indirect real estate transactions. He also advises on equity capital market transactions, on both debt capital market deals and private placements of notes, and on bank lending in the real estate sector for both lenders and borrowers.
A representative sample of Paul's recent experience includes advising:
- GVC on their c.£4bn takeover of Ladbrokes Coral, preceded by the disposal of GVC's Turkish business, as well as advising GVC on their previous takeovers of bwin.party and Sportingbet
- a leading UK mortgage lender on the structuring of a new residential mortgage product
- Metro Bank on the acquisition of a portfolio of UK mortgages from Cerberus for c.£597 million
- a major UK and international financial institution on its renegotiation of an affinity credit card arrangement with a leading UK retailer
- CC Land on their acquisition of One Kingdom Street from TH Real Estate, for £292 million