Paul is a Partner in the commercial tax group, based in London. He advises across a range of UK taxation matters, with a particular focus on corporate and commercial transactions.
Paul has considerable experience of advising on the tax aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, including those with a cross-border or international element, and complex indirect real estate transactions. His experience also includes advising on commercial contracts, particularly in the financial services sector, private equity acquisitions and disposals, and financing transactions involving UK real estate.
His experience includes in particular advising:
- GVC on its acquisitions of bwin.party and Sportingbet
- UPP in relation to securitisations of student accommodation rental streams
- a major UK and international financial institution on the renegotiation of a credit card agreement with a leading UK retailer
- Associated British Foods on its acquisition of Dorset Cereals
- Oxford University; Literae Humaniores; BA (Hons) 2001
- City University London; Common Professional Exam; 2002
- BPP Law School London; Legal Practice Course; 2003