Paul is a partner in our Tax & Structuring group, based in London. He has a broad practice but has particular experience in advising on corporate acquisitions, disposals and restructurings, as well as private equity investments and exits, and has a particular interest in the FS sector. His practice also includes advising both lenders and borrowers on a range of financing transactions, and coers both bilateral loans and debt capital market transactions. He advises on both public and private transactions. Paul's recent experience includes:
- GVC's c.£4 billion takeover of Ladbrokes Coral Group plc by scheme of arrangement, and GVC's previous takeovers of Bwin.party and Sportingbet
- the £1.5 billion sale of Battersea Power Station, and additional work connected with the ongoing development of the site
- advising a major high street lender on the launch and funding of a new retail mortgage product, with a focus on the VAT implications
- advising the lenders on the £250 million financing of the mixed-use redevelopment of a prime central London site
- advising a leading UK supermarket on setting up a multi-channel foreign exchange facility and entering into a money supply agreement in connection with this.