Neeta Chityal is a Legal Director in the Global Investigations team based in London. She has significant experience in advising financial institutions, corporates and individuals. Neeta is experienced in acting for and leading teams on large-scale, complex and multi-jurisdictional corporate crime and regulatory investigations for a range of corporate clients and individuals. She also uses her experience in both finance litigation and contentious regulatory matters to advise institutional clients on challenging and complex regulatory related civil claims. Her experience means that she is well equipped to advise clients on civil and criminal actions related to corporate misconduct.
Neeta's experience includes:
- Acting for the former CEO of Carillion plc, now in liquidation. Neeta is advising in relation to a number of investigations arising from the liquidation, including by the Insolvency Service and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Acting for a UK plc in relation an investigation being conducted by HMRC arising from conduct connected to the client's operations overseas.
- Conducting an internal cross jurisdictional anti-bribery and corruption investigation for a global company in the health care sector, following a whistleblower allegation of misconduct.
- Defending a financial institution in relation to a civil claim related to alleged breaches of the FCA handbook.
- Advising an international money transfer company in respect of money laundering allegations brought by the Italian Public Prosecutor.