Michael is a senior member of the real estate team, having trained and qualified with Addleshaw Goddard. He has extensive experience across all sectors of commercial property, with particular emphasis on retail. He is a senior adviser to several key retailers, and leads a regional team dealing with all convenience store acquisitions in the North-East and North-West for a national supermarket operator. Michael deals with the full remit of commercial occupier issues.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising on the disposal of a mixed-use scheme in Aylesbury comprising a shopping centre and residential block (dealing with issues such as enfranchisement, tenant's right to buy, block management, etc)
- Leading the multimillion disposal of Manchester Metropolitan University's Didsbury campus
- Dealing with an office to residential conversion, and the subsequent plot sales of the 50 newly created apartments, ensuring that the process and structure was compliant with Council of Mortgage Lenders guidelines
- Advising a leading national developer on a forward funding agreement with a local council for a town centre redevelopment to create a new retail and leisure offer
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Legal Practice Course
- University of Manchester - LLB (Hons)