Julia is a partner in the Construction and Engineering team specialising in construction and major projects in the UK and internationally. She has significant expertise in the UK development sector and her experience also extends across transport (especially rail), PFI/PPP, student accommodation, residential, logistics, hotels, energy, renewables, asset/facilities maintenance and engineering sectors. She advises private and public sector owners/developers, funders, contractors and consultants.
Julia focuses on strategic solutions across the project lifecycle to deliver objectives and her expertise includes resolution of disputes. Noted for her client-facing approach, Julia is recognised in Chambers UK, Legal 500 and Legal Experts, described as "commercially minded" and "very good with details, strategy and negotiations".
Recent transactions include advising:
- Battersea Power Station on construction issues across various aspects of Phases of the Battersea Power Station development, including the office pre-let of Apple's European office headquarters in the Power Station.
- Regents Godiva on construction, letting and forward funding of 770 student accommodation development at Coventry.
- On strategic resolution of disputes and proceedings across a range of construction and engineering and PPP/PFI contracts including on issues of contract interpretation, defects, fire safety financial and delay.
- Lagos State Government on PPP concession and related documentation for design, construction and operation of the $1 billion 27-kilometre mass-transit light-rail system in Lagos.
- AXA on the redevelopment of 60 Holborn Viaduct, London to create 210,000 sq ft of offices with separate retail and restaurant space and AXA and MGPA on the re-development of 6 Bevis Marks.