Susan specialises in construction and is dual qualified as an architect and member of the Royal Institute of British Architects with 14 years of experience in the construction industry before qualifying as a solicitor. Susan carries out non-contentious work for a wide variety of clients, including developers, tenants, contractors, public-sector bodies and financial institutions on a number of developments and has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating framework agreements, building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and security documents in relation to new build and refurbishment projects.
- Advising Meyer Bergman in connection with the £300 million Borough Yards retail and commercial scheme adjacent to Borough Market in London. Work involves preparing and negotiating pre-construction services agreements, enabling contract, consultants appointments, ancillary documents, stage one agreement and main building contract. Scheme is in close proximity to an operational railway line and Network Rail property.
- Advising Allied London in connection with the £1bn St Johns development in Manchester City Centre on a 6 hectare plot, dealing with procurement strategy, project planning, preparation of consultant appointments, pre-construction services agreements, enabling contracts, building contracts, security documentation and negotiation of the same with consultants, contractors and funders.
- Advising Allied London in connection with the redevelopment of the iconic Grade II* listed London Road Fire Station in Manchester, dealing with professional team appointments and building contracts.
- Advising Hermes in connection with commercial developments at Wellington Place, Leeds which when completed will provide 1.5 million sq ft of commercial, retail, leisure and residential accommodation in 14 buildings along with new public realm space.
- Advising Hermes in connection with the new build and historic NOMA commercial developments in Manchester.
- Advising Moda in connection with various residential PRS mixed use schemes in the UK.
- Advising the Far East Corporation in connection with the £150m residential development schemes at Angel Meadows and the Northern Gateway development.
- Advising various commercial clients and funders in connection with the construction aspects of new build residential and commercial units.
- Professional Memberships
- Royal Institute of British Architects