Rona specialises in UK and EC competition and merger control law. She advises UK and international clients on the wide range of competition law matters, including of anti-trust litigation. She is recognised as a leading practitioner in her area and was acclaimed as one of the Lawyer's "Hot 100" for her contributions.
Her clients span a variety of sectors, including comprehensive experience of advising in the retail and consumer sector for over 20 years. She also regularly advises in regulated sectors and co-leads the firm's Water Group. She is recognised by Legal 500 as a leading individual in that area.
Rona's case highlights include:
- advising clients in antitrust enforcement cases (pharmaceuticals, airport parking, bunker fuels, dairy, tobacco, toys)
- regularly advising clients in CMA and other market investigations, including Co-op in the Funerals Market Investigation and GCA investigation
- securing clearance for numerous complex mergers including between YPO/Findel; Samworths/2Sisters (Sandwich business); Harrogate Water/Danone; Derby Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trusts/Burton Hospital Foundation Trust
- advising on competition litigation including damages claims and applications for injunctive relief
- advising on complex, cutting edge, regulatory questions in the water sector including on direct procurement, market opening, mergers
- French - Good command
- Hebrew - Good command
"Clients say Rona Bar-Isaac is strong in all areas. She has experience in a range of matters including investigations and damages cases and has sector expertise within the regulated industries, including water and telecommunications." Chambers (2015)
"Rona Bar-Isaac is regularly called upon to advise on market investigations. Clients report that she has a strong knowledge of competition law and an eye for detail." Chambers Europe (2015)
"Widely acclaimed as a rising star in this area." Chambers (2013)
"Commercial and practical." The Legal 500
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society