Hannah qualified as an Associate into the Litigation Department in September 2018. Hannah has experience providing advice and support on a number of contentious matters including, but not limited to, residential property, commercial property, social housing, contractual disputes and regulatory investigations.
- Acting as the lead solicitor on behalf of property factoring clients in relation to debt recovery / access rights issues. As a result, Hannah has experience interpreting complex deeds of conditions
- Conducting actions for the recovery of possession of property and debt recovery of arrears. Hannah's involvement in these types of cases is all encompassing as she makes regular appearances in the Sheriff Court for heritage cases
- Reviewing legislation relating to property drainage and advising the UK's largest independent water retailer of the effect of the regulations on their businesses. Advising in particular on the expected impact of the Temporary Transfer Document to be introduced in accordance with the Water Services (Codes and Services) Directions 2007
- Providing ad hoc advice to a number of Registered Social Landlord clients on complex social housing issues
- Hannah assisted on providing advice to a local authority in respect of presenting an enforcement undertaking to remedy an environmental breach in lieu of criminal proceedings to be enforced by Scotland's principal environmental regulator.
Hannah also volunteers at the Strathclyde Law Clinic providing legal advice to members of the public who do not have legal representation (pro-bono work).
- Year qualified
- Other professional experience
- Client secondment to the UK's largest independent water retailer
- LLB Law (Hons) – University of Glasgow 2011-2015
- Diploma in Professional and Legal Practice – University of Glasgow 2016