Hannah is an Associate in the Litigation Department. Hannah regularly provides advice on a wide range of contentious legal issues including, but not limited to, contractual disputes, residential and commercial property disputes, insolvency, social housing debt recovery and evictions, and regulatory investigations.
Hannah regularly appears in the Sheriff Courts across Scotland and the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber). She also has experience instructing Counsel in the Court of Session and the County Court at London.
Hannah also volunteers at the Strathclyde Law Clinic providing legal advice on a range of legal issues to members of the public who do not have legal representation (pro-bono work).
- Acting as the lead solicitor in Dispute Resolution for contentious matters involving social housing landlords. In particular, conducting evidential hearings in the Sheriff Courts for defended debt recovery and eviction actions, providing training to clients on social housing legal updates and drafting bespoke style notices for use by social housing landlords.
- Experience in dealing with cross border issues, including seeking the urgent restoration of a Limited Company to the register of companies in England.
- Experience in interpreting complex deeds of conditions for property factoring clients, with a view to raising actions for debt recovery and resolving disputes relating to title boundaries and access rights.
- Conducting proceedings in the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber). In particular, acting as the lead solicitor in a case concerning complex issues of jurisdiction and the interpretation of housing legislation.
- Providing advice to a commercial client to ensure compliance with a confidential regulatory Inquiry.
- Advising a local authority in respect of presenting an enforcement undertaking to remedy an environmental breach in lieu of criminal proceedings to be enforced by Scotland's principal environmental regulator.
- Acting as the lead solicitor on behalf of property factoring clients in relation to debt recovery / access rights issues. As a result, Hannah has experience interpreting complex deeds of conditions
- Conducting actions for the recovery of possession of property and debt recovery of arrears. Hannah's involvement in these types of cases is all encompassing as she makes regular appearances in the Sheriff Court for heritage cases
- Reviewing legislation relating to property drainage and advising the UK's largest independent water retailer of the effect of the regulations on their businesses. Advising in particular on the expected impact of the Temporary Transfer Document to be introduced in accordance with the Water Services (Codes and Services) Directions 2007
- Providing ad hoc advice to a number of Registered Social Landlord clients on complex social housing issues
- Hannah assisted on providing advice to a local authority in respect of presenting an enforcement undertaking to remedy an environmental breach in lieu of criminal proceedings to be enforced by Scotland's principal environmental regulator.
Hannah also volunteers at the Strathclyde Law Clinic providing legal advice to members of the public who do not have legal representation (pro-bono work).
- Year qualified
- Other professional experience
- Client secondment to the UK's largest independent water retailer
- LLB Law (Hons) – University of Glasgow 2011-2015
- Diploma in Professional and Legal Practice – University of Glasgow 2016