Hannah is a Managing Associate specialising in commercial disputes. She advises on a wide range of contentious matters including contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, residential and commercial property disputes and insolvency. Hannah also has extensive experience in the social rented sector and regularly advises registered social landlords on tenant and asset management.
Hannah conducts complex high value litigations in the Court of Session. She also has experience managing cross border disputes and has instructed Counsel in the County Court at London.
Hannah has experience appearing in Sheriff Courts across Scotland and the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber).
Recent experience includes:
- conducting high value (£100m) proceedings for breach of contract/negligence relating to the depositing of hazardous waste at a landfill in breach of the environmental regulator's permit
- conducting high value (£1m) proceedings for professional negligence relating to drainage design issues at an airport in breach of the environmental regulator's enforcement notice
- successfully defending a major banking client in an action challenging the validity of personal guarantees exceeding £1m on grounds of alleged misrepresentation
- acting as the lead solicitor for contentious matters involving social housing landlords. In particular, appearing in evidential hearings in the Sheriff Courts for defended debt recovery and repossession actions, providing training to clients on the interpretation of complex deeds of conditions and legislative updates in the social rented sector and drafting bespoke style notices for use by social housing landlords
- acting for high net worth individuals in a series of issues arising from ownership and redevelopment of country estate. Disputes included a complex access dispute and related defamation claim concerning the use of roads through the clients' estate.
- University of Glasgow (Diploma in Professional and Legal Practice, 2016)
- University of Glasgow (LLB Law (Hons), 2015)