Hannah is an Associate in the Litigation Department. Hannah advises on a wide range of contentious matters including contractual disputes, residential and commercial property disputes and insolvency. Hannah also has extensive experience in the social rented sector and regularly advises registered social landlords in relation to debt recovery and repossession actions.
Hannah regularly appears in the Sheriff Courts across Scotland and the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber). She also has experience instructing Counsel in the Court of Session and the County Court at London.
Hannah volunteers at the Strathclyde Law Clinic providing legal advice to members of the public who do not have legal representation (pro-bono work).
- Acting as the lead solicitor for contentious matters involving social housing landlords. In particular, conducting evidential hearings in the Sheriff Courts for defended debt recovery and repossession actions, providing training to clients on social housing legal updates and drafting bespoke style notices for use by social housing landlords.
- Conducting proceedings in the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber). Acting as the lead solicitor in a case concerning complex issues of jurisdiction and the interpretation of private rented housing legislation.
- Experience in dealing with cross border issues, including instructing Counsel in the County Court at London to seek the urgent restoration of a Limited Company to the register of companies in England
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a complex access dispute and related defamation claim concerning the use of roads through the clients' estate
- Experience in interpreting complex deeds of conditions for property factoring clients, with a view to raising actions for debt recovery and resolving disputes relating to title boundaries and access rights.
- Providing advice to a commercial client to ensure compliance with a confidential regulatory Inquiry.