Aileen is a Managing Associate in the Real Estate department.
Aileen has extensive experience in the energy sector and has advised on the property elements of some of the most significant renewable energy projects in Scotland. She also has wide experience in the acquisition/disposal of properties (including renewable energy sites) for investment purposes, commercial leasing, residential and commercial developments, and funding / security projects. She acts for, amongst others, developers and landowners and has wide experience of acting for banks and specialist lenders.
- Acting for an onshore renewable energy developer on the acquisition of sites across Scotland varying in size from Feed-in Tariff size schemes to major commercial arrays.
- Acting for a community wind energy developer in relation to a wind farm site in the Western Isles. Dealing with all property aspects, including access issues and delivery of the turbines via a private harbour and dealt with the property aspects of the funding for the project which was the largest community owned onshore wind farm in the UK.
- Acted for the administrators of Scottish Coal to dispose of the company's estate comprised of active and inactive coaling sites throughout Scotland.
- Acted for a major commercial lender’s renewable energy asset finance team advising on property due diligence, property documentation, aspects of planning and security documentation. Assisting colleagues regarding projects, construction, planning and funding issues.
- Acts for a commercial developer acquiring or leasing large sites for car showrooms and garages.
"Aileen's knowledge of the property issues that can arise in renewable energy projects, built up through working on various difficult projects, was evident in the way she dealt with such issues, quickly and without fuss, as they arose in the Beinn Ghrideag project."
Calum MacDonald, Point and Sandwick Power
- Professional memberships
- Member of The Law Society of Scotland