Full construction packages, along with undertaking due diligence exercises for various corporate, funding and real estate transactions.
Laurie specialises on developments within the living sector, having advised extensively on PRS/ build to rent developments, care homes, new-build student accommodation, financing of large scale residential developments.
Laurie works with a range of clients including developers, institutional investors and national and international banks. She advises on the reliance available to interested third parties relative to a broad variety of construction and infrastructure projects both in Scotland and England.
- Advising a global energy from waste contractor in relation to their internal restructuring involving 8 separate project sites around the UK, including Scotland. This involved the novation of all headline EPC contracts and Subcontracts and restructure and novation of hundreds of ancillary documentation into the new group structure;
- Advising large national bank in relation to their development financing and provision of term loan purchase financing in the first phase of care home acquisitions. The matter involved extensive due diligence on a bespoke suite of construction contracts in respect of the 4 separate development sites concurrently;
- Advising prolific care home developer client on comprehensive construction packages for 26 live care home projects, ranging from full greenfield design and builds, to full internal and external refurbishments;
- Construction lead as part of the legal team advising an institutional investor on a variety of development financing residential projects throughout England with loan values ranging from £56m to £150m;
- Advising client with large retail property portfolio throughout Scotland on their purchase of various new build drive-thru sites;
- Advising developer client on construction contracts including, development management agreements, appointments, subcontracts and funder reliance for an ongoing three phase multi-million pound residential development in Edinburgh;
- Advising prolific care home developer in respect of their corporate acquisitions 5 ongoing new build care homes owned by SPV developer target companies, throughout Scotland. These matters have included due diligence, reporting and securing of requisite reliance for the client.
- Advising student accommodation developer client on a comprehensive construction package for the design and build of new student accommodation development in Edinburgh, from inception through to development financing. The transaction involved a large number of consultants, demolition contract, design and build contract and liaising with a funder and their respective cross border Scottish and English legal teams.
- Part of the legal team advising a global investor relative to its development funding for a large community and residential redevelopment project in Glasgow, including infrastructure and public realm works;
- Professional Membership
- Law Society of Scotland Equality Law Sub-Committee