Laurie advises in respect of the (non-contentious) construction elements of building developments and their associated transactions. She specialises in the review, drafting and negotiation of professional team appointments and third party reliance relative to building developments.
Laurie works with a range of clients including developers and national and international banks. She advises on the reliance available to interested third parties relative to construction and infrastructure projects within each of the real estate, care home and student accommodation sectors.
- Advising a prolific care home developer in connection with the construction of or extension to a number of care homes in the UK, taking into account other third parties with an interest in the site or the property
- Part of the legal team advising a national bank in relation to a multi-staged housing development in Edinburgh including the drafting of consultant appointments, collateral warranties and ancillary documents and procuring reliance and assigned security in favour of the bank
- Part of the legal team advising a global investor relative to its development funding for a large community and residential redevelopment project in Glasgow, including infrastructure and public realm works
- Part of the legal team advising a global investor relative to its multi-million pound purchase and full strip out and renovation of a multi-storey office block in Glasgow
- Part of the legal team advising the purchaser in carrying out a due diligence exercise on a city centre hotel target in Edinburgh.