Faisal is a U.S. qualified associate lawyer in Addleshaw Goddard's Oman office, with relevant experience in litigation and arbitration matters both in Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
Faisal often attends before and liaises on behalf of clients with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Ministry of Labour, the Primary Court and other governmental authorities. Faisal has also acted as an advocate before arbitral tribunals such as the ICC, SIAC and ADCCAC.
Faisal is an associate with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and has completed advanced training with this institution.
- Assisting with advocacy before International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitrations, including undertaking cross examinations of key witnesses
- Assisting with litigation in respect of a full range of commercial disputes at mediation and the Primary, Appeal and Supreme Courts in Oman
- Acting in the defence of a AED 400m+ arbitration claim before the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC)
- Acting for a large South Korean Metal Manufacturer in an arbitration claim before the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Acting for one of Oman's largest port and freezone authority in a debt recovery arbitration claim before the ICC
- Assisting a Kuwaiti-Omani joint venture contractor in the defence of an ad hoc Oman-based arbitration involving a major shopping centre in Dhofar.