Faisal Al Hinai is an associate in our Commercial Litigation practice, based in Dubai. He has relevant experience in litigation, corporate, employment and energy matters in both the UAE and Oman.
Faisal acts as an advocate before arbitral tribunals such as the ICC, SIAC and ADCCAC (in both English language and Arabic language arbitrations). He also often attends before and liaises on behalf of clients with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Ministry of Manpower, the Primary Court in Oman and other governmental authorities.
Faisal is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (one of the first Omani nationals to achieve this distinction) and has completed advanced training with this institution.
- Assisting with advocacy before International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitrations, including undertaking cross examinations of key witnesses
- Assisting with litigation in respect of a full range of commercial disputes at mediation and the Primary, Appeal and Supreme Courts in Oman
- Acting in the defence of a AED 400m+ arbitration claim before the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC)
- Acting for a large South Korean Metal Manufacturer in an arbitration claim before the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Acting for one of Oman's largest port and freezone authority in a debt recovery arbitration claim before the ICC
- Assisting a Kuwaiti-Omani joint venture contractor in the defence of an ad hoc Oman-based arbitration involving a major shopping centre in Dhofar.