Carrie is dual qualified and acts on a wide range of cross border transactions across the UK for an impressive list of clients including leading listed and privately owned companies.
Carrie's specialisms include dealing with all aspects of leasing (acting for both landlords and occupiers) together with portfolio acquisition and asset management for a number of clients with UK-wide property interests where she is able to provide advice and deal with transactions in both jurisdictions. She also specialises in property tax and advises clients in relation to both LBTT and SDLT.
Carrie contributes regularly to the property tax sub-committee of the Central Institute of Taxation and regularly represents the CIOT engaging with Revenue Scotland and the Scottish Government. Carrie is a Writer to the Signet and a Notary Public. She currently sits on the Council of the WS Society. She is also the Graduate Recruitment and Trainee Partner for the Scottish offices.
- Advises Ramsdens Holdings plc in respect of the asset management of their retail estate throughout the UK
- Advised BT plc in relation to Project Reach which involves over 900 properties throughout the UK
- Advised a private equity property company in respect of the acquisition and subsequent refinancing of a portfolio of UK-wide properties occupied by a national retailer
- Carrie's recent leisure sector transaction experience includes leading the Real Estate team dealing with the acquisition of a portfolio of 30 hotels situated throughout the South West of England and the acquisition of a number of high profile pubs and hotels in Edinburgh.
- Carrie leads the property team advising Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) in relation to the asset management of their properties, ports, harbours and slipways throughout Scotland
- Professional memberships
- Writer to Her Majesty's Signet and current Council Member.
- Member of the Property Tax Sub-Committee of the Central Institute of Taxation.
- University of St Andrews – MA Hons Modern History (1992-1996);
- University of Edinburgh – LLB (1996-1998)
- University of Edinburgh - Diploma in Legal Practice (1998-1999)
- College of Law – Qualified Lawyer's Transfer Test (2005)
- Year qualified (2001)