Carrie is a dual qualified lawyer in Scotland and England/Wales. She frequently acts and leads on cross border transactions for an impressive range of portfolio clients, recognising her high-level expert offering she is able to provide clients in both jurisdictions. Clients include landlords, occupiers, investors and asset managers and she is comfortable operating in both the private and public sectors.
Carrie's specialisms include dealing with all aspects of leasing (acting for both landlords and occupiers) together with portfolio acquisition and asset management for a number of clients with UK-wide property interests where she is able to provide advice and deal with transactions in both jurisdictions.
Transport, infrastructure, retail and leisure assets and development feature strongly in her workload. In particular, Carrie has a growing transport practice, where she leads on real estate and strategic advice for Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (which is a body wholly owned by the Scottish Ministers) and for Forth Ports Limited.
Carrie contributes regularly to the property tax sub-committee of the Central Institute of Taxation and regularly represents the CIOT engaging with both Revenue Scotland and the Scottish Government.
- Carrie acts for Forth Ports and her notable strength and expertise in dealing with development and strategic issues around ports and harbours, was acknowledged by the role that she played in executing a series of instructions dealing with the transfer of harbour and marine operating and lease agreements in order to deal with and facilitate the transfer of the Fortes pipeline from BP to Ineos FPS Limited. She also advised the Port of Dundee in respect of the letting arrangements concluded with Siemens Gamesa to facilitate the setting down, manufacture and storage of wind farm turbine components required for the construction of a major planned offshore windfarm known as Neart Na Gaoithe by EDF.
- Carrie leads the property team advising Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) in relation to the asset management of their properties, ports, harbours and slipways throughout Scotland. She advised CMAL in respect of their occupational and heritable interests at Brodick Harbour in connection with the construction of the new ferry terminal and she is currently working on projects related to the redevelopment of the ports and harbour facilities at Tarbert on the Isle of Lewis. Carrie regularly engages with and transacts with Crown Estates Scotland at each of the CMAL key transport and life line hubs.
- Carrie leads the Scottish Real Estate team in respect of the delivery of cross specialism advice to Asda on their retail estate in Scotland.
- Carrie recently acted for a funder providing acquisition finance to a borrower to assist with the acquisition of a strategic mixed use development site at The Wisp, Edinburgh (value circa £30 million) which included advice relative to Section 32 Agreements, interaction with Scottish Enterprise together with advice relating to complex overage and ranking arrangements.
- Energy Voice - Scotland's Climate Crossroads, the right route to lasting change. 21/2/2020
- Intelligent Transport – Scotland's Climate Crossroads, the right route to lasting change. 21/2/2020
- Business Insider – Scotland's Climate Crossroads, the right route to lasting change. 21/2/2020
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Property Tax Sub-Committee of the Central Institute of Taxation