AG had with a pan-European Team advised the British private-equity-investor ENDLESS LLP on the acquiring of the German golf clothing producer GOLFINO. The portfolio of ENDLESS included already the biggest European golf retailer, American Golf.
GOLFINO is one of the European market leaders in golf clothing but had to file for insolvency in November 2019. At the time of filing for insolvency, the family-owned-company employed more than 250 people. GOLFINO provides high-quality outfits in the sports and leisurewear sector. The company was founded and successfully managed for over 34 years by Christel and D. Bernd Kirsten.
The GOLFINO-headquarter will remain in Glinde, from where the e-commerce and wholesale business divisions will be expanded under the new owner, International Leisure Brands (Deutschland) GmbH. The retail stores, however, had to be closed. The brand will be continued and strengthened, and it is intended to continue to offer high quality golf clothing combined with first-class service in the future.
ENDLESS LLP is a UK based transformation private-equity-investor. ENDLESS looks to support buyouts, non-core acquisitions from larger groups, turnarounds and financial restructurings.
Legal advisor ENDLESS
Addleshaw Goddard (Hamburg):
- Dr. Hubertus Schröder (Corporate/M&A, Restructuring, Leadership)
- Sarah Foster (Restructuring, Manchester)
- Jens Peters (Labour Law)
- Dr. Natalia Ilyevich (Corporate/M&A)
- Calum Redhead (Restructuring, Manchester)
- Dr. Jens-Sören Schröder
- Johlke Niethammer Partner (Hamburg)
Legal advisor Insolvency administrator
- Johlke Niethammer Partner (Hamburg): Markus Lüdtke, Dr. Jörg Grau
- Schramm Meyer Kuhnke (Hamburg): Dr. Nils Schramm und Dr. Inga Hildebrand (both Labour Law)