Lucy is a Legal Director in the London office of Addleshaw Goddard. She specialises in corporate finance transactions and mergers and acquisitions for both public and private companies, with particular experience in advising bidders. targets and financial advisers on public takeovers.
Lucy has acted for clients in a variety of sectors with particular focus on financial services and energy/natural resources.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Lucy has also been seconded to NatWest Group (The Royal Bank of Scotland), BHP Group and Abrdn (Abrdn Standard Investments).
Public M&A and equity capital markets
- Stagecoach on the recommended all-share bid by National Express and the recommended competing £595m all-cash offer by Pan-European Infrastructure Fund III
- MGM Resorts on its withdrawn proposed £8.1bn offer for Entain
- The UK Takeover Panel on the £8.1bn hostile offer for GKN by Melrose Industries
- AbbVie on its £32bn offer for Shire
- Fossa Bidco, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asterion Industrial Infra Fund I, FCR on its £63.1m offer for AMP Clean Energy
- Lonmin on various matters, including:
the recommended £226m all-share offer by Sibanye-Stillwater
its $407m rights issue and associated refinancing of credit facilities
the distribution in specie of Glencore's 29% shareholding in Lonmin
Private M&A, joint ventures and restructurings
Macquarie Capital on its £200m acquisition of senior living accommodation from McCarthy & Stone and associated joint venture arrangements with John Laing
Optal and its shareholders on its $1.7bn sale to Wex Inc and the associated sale of eNett
BHP Group on its $505m acquisition of an additional 28% working interest in the Shenzi platform joint venture from Hess Corporation.
University of Edinburgh
- LLB Hons (2008)
- Diploma in Legal Practice (2009)
- Adjusting the purchase price: Anti-embarrassment protection (PLC Magazine, 2020)
- M&A Standpoint: Formal Sale Processes – A useful tool to solicit offers or a last resort? (2019)
- Raising emergency capital: Lonmin plc's right issue (PLC Magazine, 2016)