Nick is a partner in the firm's London corporate department. He specialises in private and public M&A and other corporate transactional work, such as joint ventures and reorganisations, across a range of sectors with a particular focus on Financial Services. His clients include Lloyds Banking Group plc, Rathbone Brothers Plc, GVC Holdings plc, J Sainsbury plc, Freightliner Group, Kildare Partners and Rothschild.
Nick has been named in The Lawyer's prestigious 'Hot 100' 2016 list. He is recommended in Legal 500 where he is referred to as "strategic and determined".
Recent transactions include advising:
- GVC Holdings plc on its £3.9 billion takeover of Ladbrokes Coral Group plc
- A leading UK financial services group on various transactions including the £1.9 bn acquisition of a credit card company; sales of real estate backed loan portfolios; the sale of an estate agency business; and the sale of a vehicle leasing business
- GVC Holdings plc on its £1.1 billion takeover of bwin.party Digital Entertainment plc and its step up from AIM to the standard listing segment of the Official List and subsequent transfer to the premium listing segment of the Official List and entry into the FTSE 250
- Rathbone Brothers Plc on several acquisitions including that of Taylor Young Investment Management's private client business and R M Walkden & Co
- Miller Insurance Services on its sale of a majority interest to the Willis Group
- GVC Holdings plc on its £485m takeover of Sportingbet plc; its joint venture with Betit; and the sale of its payment processing business, Kalixa, to Senjo
- Freightliner Group on its sale to Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
- Delta plc on its £285m takeover by Valmont Inc.
- Sainsbury's on it acquisition of aNobii from HMV
- King Sturge on its merger with Jones Lang LaSalle
Nick is also a contributing author of Bloomsbury’s Company Acquisition Handbook (10th edition).