Nick specialises in private and public M&A and other corporate transactional work, such as joint ventures and group reorganisations, across a range of sectors with a particular focus on the Financial Services and Leisure / Retail sectors.
Recent transactions include advising:
- Lloyds Banking Group plc on acquisitions such as its £1.9bn acquisition of MBNA from Bank of America and disposals such as the sale of the Halifax Child Trust Fund business to Forester
- Sanne Group plc on its £1.5bn takeover by the Apex Group
- Rathbone Group plc on acquisitions including that of R M Walkden & Co
- Wholesale specialist insurance broking firm Miller Insurance Services on its sale
- Saranac Partners on various fund raising rounds
- Experian on M&A projects across a range of its divisions
- Egmont subsidiary, Nordisk Games on its investment in Until Dawn developer, Supermassive Group
- Miniclip on mobile games acquisitions including the purchase of RPG game, Knighthood
- Asda Group on transactions and projects
- Bally's Corporation on its acquisition of mobile app and software developer Degree 53 and investments in technology provider, Gaming Arts and games studio, HungryBear
- Entain plc on various transactions including its £4 billion takeover of Ladbrokes Coral Group plc. Nick and team were highly commended and runner-up at the Lawyer 2018 Corporate Team of the Year Awards for the Ladbrokes deal. Innovative aspects of that transaction were also highly commended at the FT's Innovative Lawyer Awards 2018
- Newcastle University (1996)
- College of Law, York (1997)
- Nick has been ranked in the Lawyer's Hot 100 and is ranked in Legal 500 for both M&A and Equity Capital Markets work.
- Nick is a contributing author of Bloomsbury’s Company Acquisition Handbook (10th edition).