Lynsey is a commercial litigator specialising in banking, insolvency, commercial and property litigation. She appears in Court regularly and has experience representing clients in both Sheriff Court and Court of Session actions. Lynsey also has experience settling disputes at mediation and advising on Financial Ombudsman Service complaints. Lynsey is a Solicitor Advocate and regularly appears personally in the Court of Session on behalf of her clients.
Lynsey provides specialist recoveries, property, and insolvency advice to banks, insolvency practitioners, and a number of loan funds. She has a direct insight into Dispute Resolution from a client’s perspective having spent time on secondment to the Clydesdale Bank.
Notable successes and areas of expertise include:
- Represented a Bank in two related Court of Session actions. The first was an action for payment arising out of a Corporate Guarantee and seeking payment of a substantial figure in excess of £12m. The second was a related action for reduction of a disposition granted by the Guarantor in favour of a related company.
- Acting on behalf of Insolvency Practitioners and appearing as Solicitor Advocate to deal with a hostile insolvency appointment in the Court of Session. As a result, we were successful in having our clients appointed as Administrators and an earlier Provisional Liquidator appointment recalled.
- Acting on behalf of Administrators to reduce an SPA and to successfully challenge a number of gratuitous alienations, including obtaining various urgent interim interdicts on behalf of the clients.
- Successfully represented a Bank at mediation to recover a significant sum of damages following professional negligence by a surveyor.
- Successfully represented a client against Senior Counsel in a Sheriff Court Debate in the context of a professional negligence action.
- Regularly advising Banks and other secured lenders on a range of recovery and insolvency options - Lynsey has particular expertise advising on the Home Owner and Debtor Protection (Scotland) Act 2010 and related recovery and enforcement options.
"Lynsey is a rising star providing superb attention to detail and excellent negotiation skills."
Legal 500 (2014)
Legal 500 (2016)
- The University of Edinburgh, LLB Hons (1st Class Honours) (2007)
- The University of Edinburgh, DipLP (2008)
- Year qualified: 2010