James has a considerable range of experience in acquisition finance, asset based lending, real estate finance and restructuring transactions, acting for sponsors, borrowers and lenders.
James has also undertaken work in the distressed debt sector, in particular reorganisation, restructuring and refinancing transactions.
James's recent experience includes:
- advising the CSL Group, an ECI backed company, in relation to their unitranche facilities with funds controlled by global asset management firm Barings
- advising Nimbus in relation to their purchase of the Customade Group out of administration and its financing with MidCap Financial
- advising a UK plc with its US private placement with Pricoa
- advising a real estate investment firm in relation to acquisition and refurbishment facilities to finance the purchase of a prime London office block
- advising the lenders in relation to the English law aspects of a New York Law governed ABL facility to Ferroglobe PLC, a global metal products business headquartered in England