Alex is an Associate in the Real Estate Disputes team based in the Manchester office. Alex advises landlords and tenants on all areas of real estate dispute resolution including opposed and unopposed lease renewals, lease determinations, service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, enforcement of covenants, forfeiture and rent recovery. Alex has also handled varied and complex litigation arising out of the Electronic Communications Code.
- Acted for a commercial developer in the successful defence of a claim brought by a party asserting a beneficial interest in property by virtue of a trust of land arising by agreement, constructive trust and/or proprietary estoppel.
- Acted for a retail tenant in the successful recovery of £2.4m in respect of a contractual payment in lieu of statutory compensation under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Advised a client in relation to a boundary dispute and adverse possession claim following the exchange of contracts for the £6m sale of redevelopment land in central London.
- Acted on behalf of a landlord in relation to a complex water recharge dispute in the sum of £750,000.
- Advised and managed litigation arising out of the Electronic Communications Code including applications for interim, temporary and permanent Code rights, renewals, upgrades, termination of agreements and removal of apparatus.
- University of Law, LPC, Distinction (2013)
- University of Manchester, Law LLB, 2:1 (2012)