Sean is a Partner in the Real Estate team with extensive experience in complex commercial property acquisitions and disposals
Sean advises on traditional acquisitions, development, finance, leasing, and re-structuring through to newer areas such student accommodation, data centres, primary care centres and the private rented sector. Sean has experience in acting for foreign and domestic Investors on the sale and acquisition of all types of property and has acted on several large office lettings both on the landlord and tenant side.
Sean works closely with our lawyers in our corporate team in relation to property elements of mergers and acquisitions. He has also worked extensively with lawyers in other jurisdictions on the real estate elements arising in international M&A deals and on international property syndication transactions. He works with our Banking team in financing both for banks and borrowers. Sean advises on lending restructurings and enforcement of securities in conjunction with our corporate recovery team.
Sean is also an acknowledged market leader in the acquisition, development, and management of social housing.
Sean is former Managing Partner of the firm and was previously head of the firm’s Property and Construction Group.
Recent Experience includes advising
- Tuath Housing Association and the Trustees and Directors in relation to the disposal, acquisition, and construction of their properties for Social Housing purposes.
- Bank of Ireland as lender in the provision of loan facilities in respect of development works for a residential/commercial development in Co Wicklow consisting of 185 units forward purchased by an AHB.
- EY as the Receivers on the disposal of a property portfolio of 5,000 units.
- On the acquisition of the Mercantile Hotel and Pub chain.
- Fold Housing Association Ireland CLG on the forward funding and acquisition of 120 units at Armagh Road Dublin 12.
Tuath Housing Association, Fold Ireland Housing Association CLG, Bank of Ireland, Allied Irish Bank plc, Jackie Greene Construction Limited, EY, Vodafone, EMI Investments, the HPRA, Home Building Finance Ireland and Finance Ireland
“Sean is recommended as a ‘Key Lawyer’”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
“Sean advises financial institutions on the financing of real estate.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
“Sean has excellent knowledge is securing private finance for development projects”
Legal 500 EMEA 2018
“Sean has excellent attention to detail”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2017
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1993
- Diploma in Legal Studies (1988), DIT Rathmines
- BA Honours Economics (1987), University College Dublin
- Professional Memberships
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Foreign registered Lawyer with the Law Society of England and Wales
- Foreign registered Lawyer with the Law Society of Scotland