Oliver is a partner and head of our Oman corporate practice. Oliver has over fifteen years’ experience of advising clients on the legal aspects of regional and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments and general corporate governance and compliance matters. His clients include a number of international blue-chip organisations from a wide variety of sectors.
Oliver is an English qualified lawyer who has worked in the GCC region since 2012. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Oliver worked in the London office of US firm White & Case and the Dubai office of Clyde & Co. Oliver studied law at the College of Law in Guildford and obtained a first class law degree from the University of Warwick in the UK.
Oliver has advised clients in relation to the following matters:
- Oman Investment Fund on the US$ 130 million disposal of 15% of the share capital of Oman International Development and Investment Company SOAG (Ominvest)
- The acquisition of a leading currency exchange business in Oman.
- Oman National Investments Development Company on its subscription for, and acquisition of, a significant minority interest in Awasr Oman and Partners, a leading provider of fibre optic services in Oman
- Bank Sohar on its proposed merger with BankDhofar in Oman, which would have created a merged entity with a market capitalisation of approximately US$ 1.8 billion
- Rolls-Royce on regional aspects of the £985 million sale of its gas turbines and compressors energy business to Siemens
- The management of Oman Investment Corporation on a management buy-out, which we understand was the first successful leveraged management buy-out in the GCC region
- WorleyParsons Engineering on the purchase of shares in its business in Oman from its local Omani shareholder
- Al Jarwani Group on its joint venture with Swissport in relation to ground handling services at the new terminal at Muscat International Airport
- Oman Brunei Investment Company on the sale of its investment in Renna Mobile, a mobile telecommunications reseller
- Iskan Oman Investment Company on its purchase of shares in a company which owns and operates a number of schools in Oman
- Aer Rianta International on its joint venture with Oman Air to manage the duty free outlets at the new terminal at Muscat International Airport
- Oman Brunei Investment Company on its investment in a new hospital to be constructed in Muscat with IdealMed (a Portuguese hospital operator) and Suhail Bahwan Group
- UPAC, a listed Kuwaiti projects company, in relation to its US$ 250 million investment and shareholding arrangements in the US$ 1 billion Reem Mall project in Abu Dhabi
- Havenvest Private Equity on its investment in the Middle East division of the Help AG Group, an IT and Internet security services business
- Anglo Arabian Healthcare on its acquisition of a majority interest in a number of market leading polyclinics in Dubai
Oliver Stevens heads the Oman corporate team. He is commended by sources for his responsiveness and strong client-service skills. An extremely satisfied interviewee noted: "He was very, very responsive. You got a response from an e-mail in a few hours, and he would be available at any time, which is great. His answers were concise and to the point." (Chambers Oman, 2019)
Head of corporate Oliver Stevens impresses clients with his responsiveness. Sources say: "He really understands the requirements of his clientele and it's reflected in his work." Another source praised his ability to provide "practical solutions." (Chambers Oman 2018)
"Oliver Stevens has an in-depth knowledge of local laws and customs and is always available to me at the right time and with the right advice." (GC, Major Projects, WorleyParsons Group of Companies)
"Oliver is responsive, practical and a pleasure to deal with." (Director Legal Counsel, Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (du))
- The University of Warwick – LLB (First Class)
- Download our PDF guides for expertise in the GCC