Lequn Su (Joe) is a partner in the Banking and Finance group and is based in London. His experience primarily involves acting for both lenders and major corporate borrowers on structured, acquisition, real estate and project financings including all financing structures specific to China, as well as asset-based lending. Joe also has significant experience advising banks in restructuring matters.
- Advised Bank of Communications London Branch, Agricultural Bank of China London Branch, China CITIC Bank London Branch and Shanghai Pudong Development Bank as arrangers and Shanghai Pudong Development Hong Kong Branch as green finance structuring advisor on a USD300 million syndicated green loan facility for BOCOM Leasing Management Hong Kong Company Limited.
- Advised Haitong Bank as arranger, agent and security agent and Haitong Investment Ireland plc as original lender on a GBP35,000,000 senior secured real estate financing facility for Greenland UK in relation to the development of a luxury residential development in Canary Wharf – The Spire.
- Advised Bank of Shanghai Co., Ltd as Lead Arranger, Agent and Original Lender on senior secured loan facilities for United Energy Pakistan Limited for the exploration and natural gas drilling operation to be conducted by United Energy Group in Badin, Mirpur Khas and Khipro, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Advised China Minsheng Banking Corporation (Hong Kong Branch), China Development Bank (Hong Kong Branch), China Merchants Bank (Hong Kong Branch), Wing Lung Bank and China CITIC Bank International as secured creditors in a USD600 million debt restructuring of Brightoil Petroleum (Holdings) Limited.
- Advised Beijing Automotive Group and Investment Global Co in a EUR2.5 billion senior secured loan facility provided by Bank of China Luxembourg Branch, Natixis Hong Kong Branch, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, and DBS Bank Ltd. as mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners, for the acquisition of shares of Daimler AG.