Ben is an Associate in the Professional Practices Group and specialises in advising partnerships, limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and other corporates in the sphere of professional services. He has a particular expertise in complex and bespoke drafting, including partnership, LLP and limited company constitutional documents, shareholders' agreements, sale and purchase agreements and other transaction documents.
Reflecting the breadth of the Group's client base, Ben advises clients in a range of professional services sectors, including accountancy firms, trade mark and patent attorneys, consulting engineers, financial advisers, fund managers and actuaries. A significant portion of his work relates to lawyer-owned and alternative business structure (ABS) law firms, international law firms and offshore law firm groups.
Ben regularly advises clients that are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the Law Society of Scotland (LSS) and legal services regulators in other jurisdictions. He often leads the Group's corporate support to Addleshaw Goddard's wider M&A and private equity (PE) practices on transactions involving LLPs and/or requiring legal services regulatory approvals.
Ben leads Addleshaw Goddard's core knowledge module on LLPs for trainee solicitors and is a member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners (APP). He trained at Allen & Overy LLP and joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2019.
- M&A advice to a large US accounting and consulting firm acquiring a UK practice
- advising an international law firm on a global restructuring and the implementation of an employee share ownership scheme
- SRA regulatory advice to a leading UK law firm in connection with a potential public listing and staggered share buyback
- LSS regulatory advice to a leading UK law firm in connection with the acquisition of a longstanding Scottish law firm
- SRA ownership and management approvals for in connection with "buy and build" UK law firm networks and PE investment into professional services businesses
- drafting constitutional documents for various clients including onshore and offshore law firms, actuaries, real estate market analysts and engineering consultants
- Professional Membership
- Association of Partnership Practitioners
"...very calm and demonstrated a high level of attention to detail"
Legal 500 UK 2024