Ranked as a Leading Individual by both the Legal 500 and Chambers 2020, James is specialist construction and engineering partner with over 20 years' experience of advising on complex construction, development, regeneration, energy, utilities, process, mechanical and civil engineering projects.
James' clients include both major private companies and also central and local government and other public sector bodies. His industry experience includes working on secondment with a major UK engineering company, advising on the UK nuclear new build programme.
James is the firm's head of non-contentious construction and engineering, head of our Leeds construction and engineering team, co-head of our UK Nuclear practice and co-head of our Advanced Manufacturing Group.
James' experience includes:
- advising UK Parliament on the £5.7bn refurbishment of the Palace of Westminster and the £650m Northern Estate Programme
- acting for Muse Developments in relation to complex commercial and residential projects (including PRS and BTR)
- advising Peel Group in relation to the £750m+ development of Mediacity UK (the home in the north of the BBC)
- advising a major UK plc on process plant and construction projects in the UK, China, India and Thailand
- advising British Telecommunications on the construction aspects of its move to new Headquarters at One Braham, London and on its large scale Better Workplace Programme
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of England and Wales