Jens has many years of experience in advising large and medium-sized national and international clients on all aspects of individual and collective labour and employment law as well as occupational pension schemes.
He focuses on employment law aspects within the context of reorganizations and restructurings, transfer of undertakings as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Jens conducts negotiations with works councils (in particular on reconciliation of interests and social plans), advises on co-determination at the workplace, advises on employee incentive schemes (including (virtual) Employee Stock Option Plans), represents clients in court, regularly coordinates national and international employment law projects and assists in internal investigations.
Due to his professional employment activities for exclusively British or American large law firms and his master's degree in South Africa, he has extensive professional experience and knowledge in the field of international employment law and in advising on cross-border employment relationships.
- Employment law advice to a global supplier of oleochemicals in the context of a plant closure of its German subsidiary.
- Advising an international research institute on all issues relating to the international deployment of personnel.
- Conducting an internal investigation (in particular labour law advice) in the German subsidiary in connection with a global investigation by the US authorities against a major Italian bank for violation of US sanctions.
- Providing employment law advice to a US health information technology company in the context and aftermath of a transaction and negotiating reconciliation of interests and social plans.
Jens studied at the University of Bielefeld and worked for an international law firm and a leading provider of aircraft maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft, among others, during his traineeship at the higher regional court of Düsseldorf. In 2012, Jens obtained an LL.M in labour law from the University of Stellenbosch and Cape Town (South Africa). Since entering the profession in 2012, he worked for several years in employment law with an international law firm before starting as part of the founding team of Addleshaw Goddard in Germany in 2019.
- Kündigungen – Personalanpassungen in Pandemiezeiten, Special edition Arbeitsrecht – Personalwirtschaft 10/2020 (Lüderitz/Peters)
- Nicht in Stein gemeißelt – Verfall von Urlaubsansprüchen, Special edition Arbeitsrecht - Personalwirtschaft 10/2019 (Lüderitz/Peters)
- Professional Memberships
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Hanseatic Bar Association