Claire is an Associate in the Construction, Engineering and Environmental Group working in both contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering work.
Claire has experience in acting for all parties in the construction chain in relation to a wide range of matters including development management, ancillary documents, termination, payment, defects, delay, extensions of time and liquidated damages.
In addition Claire also advises on disputes arising from PFI/PPP Projects.
Claire is a motivated individual who understands the importance of the need to take a pragmatic approach to not only developing sites but resolving any disputes, considering the merits and advising clients on their options to meet their commercial objectives.
Claire's experience includes:
- Acting for a large UK contractor in court proceedings regarding the repudiation of a building contract for a multimillion pound residential project in London;
- Advising a well-known property developer in relation to the ongoing refurbishment and construction of buildings to meet the needs of its clients. Developments include a hotel, gastropub, gym, specialist working environments and offices;
- Acting for a large national developer in relation to the construction of a leisure facility and associated sports pitches;
- Acting for a European mining company in relation to a £600 million dispute regarding the scope of the termination events under a bespoke contract;
- Acting for a developer in respect of the development, management and running of a bespoke energy plant;
- Advising a well-known property developer in relation to a dispute regarding delay damages. Successfully drafted and negotiated a settlement agreement to protect the client against its ongoing liabilities under an agreement for lease; and,
- Drafting and negotiating a construction package for a global coffee company in relation to the construction of a coffee roastery and processing plant.
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland