Carl's practice comprises a broad range of structured finance products with a particular focus on cash and synthetic securitisation covering a wide range of asset classes including SME, RMBS, CMBS, ERM, auto, consumer and trade receivables. Carl has also substantial experience in any hedging aspects of securitisations and other financing transactions, WBS (water, rolling stock & train, ports), portfolio sales & financing (NPL and performing) and forward flows.
In the recent years Carl has been consistently ranked as a "Next Generation Partner" by Legal 500 and as "Up and Coming Partner" by Chambers.
- ArrowMark Partners on multiple issuances of several global banks in various jurisdictions and across different structures (SPV or direct; financial guarantee or CDS; as a feature of a comprehensive structured products programme)
- Octopus Investments on the exit of a P2P funded BTL portfolio via a back book sale and ongoing forward flow structure
- HSBC and Barclays as lenders to LendInvest on their mixed mortgage type warehouse facility including CBILS funding
- a tech-driven SME lender on several funding lines including a guaranteed borrowing base facility and Luxembourg fund structures including CBILS implementation
- a structured credit investor on the synthetic guarantee to a senior CLO warehouse lender
Carl has very deep experience of synthetic securitisation structures, both in terms of documentation and economic structure. He has a very commercial outlook, coupled with a deep knowledge of the product
- German - native
- Swedish - good command