Matthew is a Managing Associate in the Energy, Projects and Infrastructure team, focusing on providing advice on energy and transport projects across the public and private sectors. He has extensive private practice experience and a wide-ranging legal background having previously worked within the insolvency and restructuring sector.
Matthew's experience includes advising:
- SSE on its SMETS2 smart meter rollout facilitating the installation of over 3.5 million smart meters, and involving the negotiation of a complex contractual framework and subsequent refinancing;
- SSE Thermal on the sale of 50% of its stake in the Slough Multifuel energy from waste project (delivering energy to one of the largest trading estates in Europe) to Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners;
- Utility Warehouse, on the sale of its smart metering installation business to the Calisen group and the provision of energy infrastructure services from Calisen;
- Luton Borough Council in its capacity as owner operator (through its wholly owned subsidiary Luton Rising) of London Luton Airport and the management of its concession agreements in place at the airport;
- West Midlands Combined Authority on all matters in connection with their assessments for alternative bus service delivery options across their networks following enactment of the Bus Services Act 2017.